About Lotus Notes:- Lotus Notes basically is the product of IBM System group. It is not developed by IBM but owned from Lotus Development Corporation in 1989. This IBM product is very easy to handle and has single point to access everything not only from the computer but also business applications like emails, attachments, calendar events, feeds and much more within no time.
IBM Lotus Notes facilitates many features such as email, calendars, to do lists, contacts management, team rooms, discussion forums, file sharing, micro blogging, instant messaging, blogs and user directories. It works not only as a client but also Sever side application. In this collaborative client server application IBM lotus Notes is the client side and IBM Domino is Server side.
Lotus Notes Error Messages:-
Sometimes due to corruption or virus attacks, error messages are encountered in Lotus Notes. Few of the common Lotus Notes errors are:-
- Lotus Notes error: 'You are not authorized to the database for user's local mail file
- Your current ID does not specify an Internet certificate for signing
- Lotus Notes 8 migration error: 'Database has not been opened yet
- Database error: 'Database Corrupt -- Cannot Allocate Space
- Lotus Notes access error: 'database is not opened yet
- Black Berry Intellisync error: 'Please see log for details.
- Network operation did not complete in a reasonable amount of time
- Error message when creating agent: 'Error creating product object
- The object store that is used by this note was not found
- Lotus Notes: Error 0x1A5
- Domino server error message:' Entry Not Found in Index
Lotus Notes Corruption Reason:- The NSF file that is used to store data collectively resides on running Domino Server in a consistent state. When anybody applies any operation to retrieve data some of the operations do not complete properly. This becomes the cause of bringing NSF file in inconsistent state. So, there are in flight transactions that are not committed. This could generate runtime faults (code defects and/or in memory corruption) leading to a condition where a database cannot be properly flushed and/or it crashes.
When NSF file is in a consistent state on a running Domino server, it means it has a piece of data that is corrupt in structure or content (due to a defect or system problem). This is one of the forms of software defect.
An NSF file that is in a consistent state on a down Domino Server then has a piece of data that is corrupt in structure or content (a utility outside the scope of Domino). Afore stated are the main reasons that all are responsible for the Lotus Notes database corruption and later on become the reason for NSF file damage also.
In such a case you can use the following commands:-
- nfixup :-Corrects corrupted views and documents.
- nupdall -r :- Rebuilds all used views and fixes corrupted views and full-text indices. This task is resource intensive.
- ncompact -c :- Can fix database corruption.
- Re-start the Lotus Domino Server.
If the issue is still not resolved then install Stellar Phoenix Lotus Notes Recovery software that is fit for almost every version of the Lotus Notes and comes at an affordable rate.