Lotus Notes one of the highly preferred email clients in business organizations; works in collaboration of IBM Domino. The reason why IBM Notes is this much popular is “It is not only an email client but it also acts as a personal manager for users and facilitates features like IM, Address book, To-dos, journals and many others. In most of the organizations this email client is preferred over Outlook because of data security concerns. Unlike Outlook and Exchange Server, Notes keeps all the data at one centralized location i.e on Domino Server in a single format file.
Notes uses NSF file format to keep user’s data; the word NSF stands for “Notes Storage Facility”. Lotus Notes NSF file is responsible for keeping user’s mail data like emails, calendar, address book, attachments etc. Notes keep all the address book data in a file named Names.nsf. One of the major advantages of Notes is, to access its database; one doesn’t need to be at his workplace computer. One can easily access the Domino server data with the access of Internet from any location.
The benefit of data keeping at centralized location is “If a local computer breaks down because of any unexpected reason than that breakdown would not hamper the email data of connected user”. Such situation might lead some data inaccessibility issue for the users. At Notes data inaccessibility time, certain error messages irritate the connected users. Few of the most commonly occurred Notes Error messages are -
Error 1 - 'Your current ID does not specify an Internet certificate for signing'
Error 2 - 'The object store that is used by this note was not found'
Error 3 - Database error: 'Database Corrupt -- Cannot Allocate Space'
Error 4 - Lotus Notes error: 'You are not authorized to the database for user's local mail file'
Error 5 - Lotus Notes access error: 'database is not opened yet'
To defeat such errors the most effective way is to use professional third party software, one such good reference is Stellar Phoenix Lotus Notes Recovery Tool. Below is the step by step guide to use this tool –
1. Download the software from “Download Link” and run the application.
2. Run the software and select “Find NSF File” option if you are not aware with the location of NSF file. “Find NSF File” option will open a pop up where you can select a particular drive, folder, or a subfolder to find the specific file. If you know the exact location you can simply choose “Select NSF file”.
3. Once you see the desired file in list of NSF files in the bottom part of the software UI. Here you need to select the right file and click “Start”.
4. One the repair process will finish, software will show you the pop message “Filename.nsf has been recovered successfully”.
5. Now user can check the preview of recovered mailbox items easily as this software provides the preview of all recovered file items.
Aforementioned software is the most trusted software when it comes to perform crucial Notes data recovery. Also the software is compatible with all major operating systems, below is the software compatibility report of tool –
- Compatible with Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP/Windows 2003
- Compatible with IBM Lotus Notes version 7.x and 6.x